Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meet my family...

I thought it would be best to start with who I am...
...I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, and a granddaughter.

I am a mother of five beautiful children - his and hers - which makes OURS
Tillman, Brooke, Colby, Cameron, and Corey.  Yes, that is right, four boys and one tough little girl.

The His:Ours 
Tillman, 19, attends TSU and has plans of becoming a CRNA.
Brooke, 16, is a Junior.  Which is the beginning of the fastest two years of her life.

The Hers:Ours 
Colby, 12, is in his second year of Junior High and experiencing all the fun and awquard times of becoming a teenager.
Cameron, 9, a fourth grade student, who is extremely laid back and a go with the flow kinda kid.
Corey, 8, is in third grade, and is very outspoken.  He likes things the way they are and things don't need to change. 

Five very different children; who have grown to be very much alike over the past five years. 

The Fabulous Husband
Terry, is a wonderful dad to our kiddos.  He works hard to keep our needs and wants met.  He teaches our children to be responsible and productive in everything that they do.  He can be a tad bit ornery, but what man isn't?  =)  When they say (and I don't know who they are) but when they say there is a certain someone out there for everyone.  Terry is my certain someone.  We complete eachother.  Both of us walked a broken road to get to one another.  But that just makes us appreciate eachother even more.

The Me Part of This
I am learning that the older I get (and I'm not that old) the more emotional I am.  I can hear a song, watch my children grow, think about my husband, or just think about life and I might have a tear or two come to my eyes.  They aren't tears of sadness, but tears of joy or tears of pride.  I try to hide those emotions...perhaps I shouldn't.  Then again, the kiddos would be saying all the time, "There goes Mom crying again."  I am back in school.  Apparently, College wasn't ready for me at age 17.  Ok, ok, I wasn't ready for college.  I AM ready now though.  I have been a student at Hill College for the past year and a half and will now be taking a couple classes in Downtown Dallas (AGH!!!).  All of those classes are leading up to me becoming a nurse.  I'm shooting for an Associates Degree in Nursing, which will make me an RN and hopefully in 2013.  I'm not stopping there.  I see a bachelor's in my future and who knows after that - the sky is the limit.

Why Blog
I have been following a couple of blogs.  One of a coworker, another from a preacher's wife, and now my step-mom.  I have thought about writing a blog, and finally decided why the heck not, It could be fun.  We have an exciting, always on the go, never a dull moment life.  I plan to share our experiences, my thoughts, and our ups and downs.  Hope you enjoy a little peek into life - Townley Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment