Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk

Here we are on Hump Day and my, my, my what a week it has already been.  Let me tell you how it started...

...Sunday brought routine back to the Townley House, which I love so very much.  Dinner at a regular time, showers, clothes laid out for the next day, normal bed times.  My favorite part about - it means a little quiet time for Terry and I.  All of this in preparation of the first day back at school. 

Well, the alarm goes off Monday morning, everyone is happy, things are going smooth.  UNTIL...

...I say, "Come on boys; It's time to go," and out the door we head.  Corey is the first to the car, he opens the cardoor and I hear a gagging screach followed by an "Oh Gross!!! What's that Smell?!?!"

Apparently, a bottle of chocolate milk had rolled under my seat the Friday before.  I parked my car Friday afternoon and had not been in it since.  Let me tell ya, chocolate milk sure don't keep well when it's 110 in Texas and the windows are shut tight.  The bottle had exploded leaving stinky, curdled milk all over the back passenger-side floor mat.  A moment of insanity escaped as I flung the floor mat across the side lawn.  The boys with scrunched noses, stood there, making gagging noises, wondering what to do.  We made the extremely long 2 mile trip to school, with the windows all the way down, and shirts covering half of our faces in an failed attempt to escape the smell. The boys couldn't wait to get out of the car. 

That's one way to get your kids out of the car and back in the school on first day. 

2 comments:

  1. Lord, don't I know what spilled chocolate milk smells like when it explodes in a car!! There is nothing nastier than that smell...and trust me, it will take a long while to get the smell completely out! I love the blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was terrible! Still IS terrible! At least it's cooler today. It's better to be cold and stinky than hot and stinky. lol

    ReplyDelete