Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Book of Life

As each day passes....
...A new page turns.

It seems like the past two weeks have been chocked full of change, but it is only a peak into what is to come.  Maybe the special moments that will forever be dear to my heart are the reason the past couple of weeks have made Brooke's upcoming graduation from high school seem so real.  Now, Graduation has been in the back of our minds all year, but it is quickly racing to the forefront.  I'm not so sure I am ready. 

The special moments in time have taken place this year...the last buzzer of the last basketball game, the last step across the finish line of the last track meet, but a simple question which led into a day of spending time together might be one of my most cherished moments.  (I did say one, there are so many).

I was headed home from work and Brooke asks if I would check on the new nail salon in Granbury.  She wanted to get a mani/pedi before senior pictures.  Totally unexpected, she melted my heart with her next question, "Do you want to go with me?"  For those of you with teenage daughters who are very busy with school, work, and friends, a simple request like this one means the world to you - I know it did me.  So Brooke and I spent all day Saturday together getting our nails and toes done. Our fun didn't end there, we headed to Lone Star Hair Studio next, and filled the rest of our afternoon with some fun beauty shop gossiping with the one and only Mandy O'Hearn. 

Senior pictures was next on our to do list that Saturday.  Lisa Blevins Photography was an amazing choice.  We met Lisa in Stephenville and headed down to the city park.  The cloudy sky threatened us with rain throughout the entire photo shoot.  The wind gusts were almost non-stop, but that didn't stop Lisa.  She shot picture after picture, and then took us down to the Stephenville Museum.  A trunk full of clothes and around two hours later we said our "Thank-you's" and waited patiently for the email saying proofs are up.  Which by the way they were ready super fast, and some of the best I have ever seen.  I'm a little partial, yes, but Lisa has a gift for photography.  The emotion and colors in her photographs are amazing.


Brooke Senior 2012

Back to the moments that I will cherish forever.  Simple moments.  This past weekend was prom.  Brooke was very busy getting everything ready, finding the perfect jewelry, getting her spray tan, and then another trip to Lone Star Hair Studio.  Before she headed out to the hair studio she needed to wash her hair.  Well, you can't take a shower if you have gotten a spray tan or you'll end up with streaks.  So here she comes shampoo in hand and asks if I'll wash her hair in the kitchen sink.  Again, that might be a simple moment, and might seem silly to some, but it was big to me.  Little moments are the ones that make the best memories. 

So, as we keep turning the pages of the book of life, a chapter in each of our lives is nearing its end.  It is definitely not the end of the book, there are many more chapters that have yet to be written.  I hope Brooke reads the chapters that talk about how I am so thankful she is my daughter over and over again.  (That's going to be in all of the chapter by the way)

Until next time...
...We're gonna keep on doin' it Townley Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment